Friday, April 2, 2010

Turkey - My First Encounter With Different Cultures

   It was many years ago. I was very young, good girl, very good pupil, raise up with my Mom, Dad and older brother in much different culture. In my mind was some pictures about that country mostly theoretical from the books , film or television . Of course picture from your mind always is quite different than you find out when you reach destination . Some places was nicer than I expected ,some disappointed me . That time first day I was surprised and disappointed in the same time . My fiance and me decided to go there as our kind of honeymoon.
  From our country we travel by train ,what was long way. But we were young and after checking up in near by hotel we went out to move around and eat something. That streets was full of cars and people too. Every seller was shouting very loud ,several of them in the same time, cars drivers lay down on car siren , from minaret we heard call for prayer.... It was too loudly everywhere around us ! Simple we were shocking . A few days later we get used on it. Next morning I went in the small shop full of different articles to buy some cheese ,olives, bread etc. for breakfast. The salesman cut off cheese and put it in one piece of newspaper , than he make one tube from another piece of newspaper and put inside olives. I tried to ask him some white paper or plastic bag ,he look at me in great surprise as I fall down from planet Mars.  To be continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment